B Gateway Transportation - Shrink Wrap Cabling
Tutorial to walk you through how to safely shrink wrap harness on a B Gateway.
- Cut a piece of shrinkwrap long enough to cover the connection between the power harness and the gateway cable
- Approximately 6-8"
- Slide the shrinkwrap onto the power harness cable
- Connect the power harness to the gateway cable
- Position the shrink wrap so that it is centered on the connection between the two cables (ensuring that the connectors are covered completely)
- Using caution in all appropriate safety measures, use a torch to heat up the shrink wrap
- Move the torch back and forth smoothly, in even motions (be sure to heat from all sides)
- This might take a minute or so for the shrink wrap to heat and constrict over the cables
- Once the shrink wrap is fully heated and snug against the cables, pinch the ends of the shrink wrap to create a closure at either end of the shrinkwrap
- Use gloves for this last step, your gateway is now ready to be mounted