SmartSense Probe: User Guide
The SmartSense Probe is a wireless temperature probe that can be used for checking hot or cold food items for acceptable ranges. The probe works in conjunction with your food safety checklist.
This probe offers industry-leading response time for quick temperature readings and customizable lighting effects to provide visual feedback on food safety checks.
Powering on the SmartSense Probe
Hold the power button for one to two seconds. The green light will flash to indicate the Probe has powered on. Once powered on, the SmartSense Probe display will show a temperature reading.
SmartSense Probe LED Effects
Your SmartSense Probe is equipped with intuitive LED effects to aid in completing temperature tasks.
- Steady Green LED: this indicates that the active probe temperature is WITHIN the temperature task compliance range.
- Steady Red LED: this indicates that the active probe temperature is OUTSIDE of the temperature task compliance range.
- Blinking Green LED: Powering your probe will cause the green LED to flash momentarily.
- Short Blue LED: Indicates that batteries have been successfully replaced.
Replacing Batteries in the SmartSense Probe
- Start this procedure on a counter or table so you will not lose any pieces from the probe.
- Insert a quarter or similar object into the groove below the probe LCD.
- Carefully, use the quarter to rotate the battery compartment cover counterclockwise to the unlocked position.
- The internal spring will force the cover to open. Set the cover aside then remove and discard the batteries.
- Insert 2 new high-quality AA batteries with the positive end facing into the probe.
- Reinsert the battery compartment cover by aligning the arrow on the cover with the unlocked symbol.
- Compress the spring and rotate the cover clockwise using a quarter to the locked position.
- Your probe is now ready to use.