SmartSense Web App Responder Guide
- To begin using SmartSense, open a web browser (Google Chrome is the preferred web browser) and navigate to app.smartsense.co.
- Log in using your credentials.
- The dashboard is also the SmartSense home screen and provides a snapshot view of your account's INCIDENTS and ASSETS.
- If you would like to personalize your password, click your name in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and click MY PROFILE. In this section, you can change your contact information, password, and preferred unit of measurement.
Please note that you will need to log out and log back in to see any changes you make.
From the ASSETS tab, you can see where assets are located, if there are any active incidents, the last reading date and time, the current temperature, and the 24-hour high and low temperatures.
- To view an asset in detail, click on the ASSET NAME. From here you can view asset details, a temperature graph, asset history, sensors, and assigned alarms.
- The graph defaults to today's temperature readings. Select Yesterday, Last 7 Days, or Last Month, or input a specific date range to change the graph to the time frame you wish to see. This will also pull the temperature readings on the right-hand side in a list view.
- To zoom in on the graph, click and drag on the section you would like to see more closely. Click RESET THE ZOOM to return to the original view.
- To download a CSV file of the temperature data, click on the DOWNLOAD CSV button.
- The MEASURES button (located to the right of the LAST READINGS button) allows you to toggle plot lines on and off for your sensors. This is helpful when looking at sensors with both temperature and humidity readings.
You can also click on THRESHOLDS to drop dotted lines that represent the temperature thresholds for the selected asset.
- Below the graph, you can view your ASSET HISTORY. This provides a quick look at any incidents or changes that have been made to the asset.
- Below Asset History is SENSORS, which displays sensor information for the sensor(s) currently assigned to the asset. Additionally, you can view the port assigned, signal strength, battery life, and a link to the NIST calibration certificate (if applicable).
- Finally, at the bottom of the page, you can view ALARMS CONFIGURED. This area displays the alarms that are currently set for the asset.
Responding to Incidents
From the INCIDENTS tab, you can see where assets are located, if there are any active incidents, the last reading date and time, the current temperature, and the 24-hour high and low temperatures.
- Any HIGH SEVERITY INCIDENTS that require attention will have an incident tile in the top section of the page.
- Below High Severity Incidents will be a list of ALL INCIDENTS that lists the type, location, incident number, severity, trigger time, and assignee. Selecting an incident from the list will bring up all the incident details.
- Clicking on an INCIDENT CARD will allow you to respond to an incident.
- The INCIDENT CARD will provide a quick view of the incident. Selecting VIEW INCIDENT DETAILS will bring up a page with the same information as the incident card and includes a graph.
- Selecting ACKNOWLEDGE will acknowledge alarms and stop any additional notifications (if this action is allowed under your alarm settings). Once acknowledged, the icon will change from BLUE to GREEN. An incident can only be acknowledged once.
- Selecting CLOSED from the dropdown menu will close the incident. This is only needed if your alarm settings are not configured to auto-close the incident. Selecting ON HOLD will freeze the incident open and it won't close until changed to ACTIVE.
- Selecting a user's name from this dropdown will assign the incident to a specific user.
- Clicking the CORRECTIVE ACTIONS button will open a text box where you can enter the steps that were taken to resolve this incident. Select SAVE to apply changes.
From the REPORTS tab, you can create customized and detailed reports. Descriptions of the report content are listed below the report tile.
To create a simple template report in PDF format, select LEGACY REPORTS.
- Select the report you want to generate. Descriptions of the report content are listed below the report tile. All of these reports are able to be scheduled and have similar forms that can be completed.
- Select COMPLETED REPORTS to view previously pulled reports or to make changes to a previously scheduled report.
- Select the REPORT TYPE.
- Select the TIME ZONE.
- Select REPORT FREQUENCY. Reports can be generated One-Time, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Enter a START DATE and TIME for scheduled reports or a DATE RANGE for one-time reports.
- Select the LOCATION or ORGANIZATION LEVEL then select INCLUDE SUB LOCATIONS if you want to include all locations within an organization or all departments within a location in the report.
- Enter the report NAME.
- Select TARGET times. The report will pull the closest reading to the target time for the report.
- Enter the EMAIL ADDRESS of the report recipient(s) and select the format the report should be sent. To add additional recipients, separate the email address with a comma.
- Select GENERATE. If it is a one-time report, the report will automatically download. If it is a scheduled report, the report will be emailed on the start date and time and automatically be sent at the frequency selected.