Z Gateway: LED Reference for Troubleshooting an Offline Device
This tech note offers suggestions for troubleshooting common causes of the "missed report alert."
Note: These light patterns below apply to devices purchased after July 4, 2014 (a table with LED light patterns for devices purchased before July 4, 2014, can be found at the bottom of this page).
|LED REFERENCE GUIDE|
|LED||1 Blink||2 Blinks||3 Blinks||Fast Blinking|
|• Status||Last transmission successful||Last transmission successful, but low signal strength||Attempting to transmit wireless sensor reading||Attempting to transmit local reading|
|• Power||Charging from external power||Low battery||N/A||N/A|
|• Info||No sensor||Wireless sensor connected||Battery too low to use modem||N/A|
|• Failure||Failed to communicate with server||No signal||Device not registered||Modem error|
If Red Failure Light is Flashing:
• 3 Blinks - Device not registered: Contact us with your Device ID and email of your account and we will activate it for you.
• 2 Blinks - No signal: Try signal finder mode. This should help you find a location with a signal. Near windows is usually best. If this does not work, contact us to check coverage maps to verify that you have coverage in your area.
• Fast continual blinking - Modem error: Contact us with your Device ID so we can troubleshoot further.
• 1 Blink - Failed to communicate to server: Possibly low power. Check if the "Information" light has 3 blinks. If so allow the device to charge for 25-60 minutes. Once the device is charged, press the on/off button quickly one time to reboot.
Device not powering on or not charging:
1. If there are no lights on your device: Press the power button. If you do not see any lights come on then there is no power. If you connect the device to a working power source all lights should briefly come on. Please allow 25–60 minutes to charge.
2. If lights come on but you do not see a single blink on the power light: Your power adapter or outlet may not be working. Connecting the device to a computer’s USB port using the charging cable will allow your device to charge. If the device is charging contact us for a replacement adapter. 3rd party AC to USB adapters should be compatible as long as the output is 5V 1A.
For devices purchased before July 4, 2014, please refer to the table below:
|LED REFERENCE GUIDE|
|LED||1 Blink||2 Blinks|
|• Status||Power is on||Transmitting|
|• Warning||Low battery||Low wireless signal|
|• Failure||Sensor issue||Wireless issue|
Note: For the TM-CELL200, TM-CELL300, and TM-CELL400, please be sure you have at least one working sensor attached.