How to Pair the SmartSense Probe with the SmartSense Mobile App (Formerly NEXT)
Pairing the SmartSense Probe
- Open the SmartSense mobile app.
- Log in using your SmartSense credentials.
Select the QUICK ACTIONS tile then choose the desired CHECKLIST or TASK that requires you to take a temperature.
- Turn on your SmartSense Probe by holding the power button for three seconds until the probe flashes green.
- In the mobile app, tap the TAKE TEMPERATURE button.
- A prompt will appear asking if you want to pair with the SmartSense Probe.
- Tap PAIR to continue.
- The Probe will pair and, after a few seconds, the temperature will stabilize. Once stabilized, you will see the temperature in the SmartSense mobile app. If it is green, the item falls within a safe temperature range.
Unpairing the SmartSense Probe
Open the SETTINGS app on your mobile device.
Navigate to BLUETOOTH settings and make sure Bluetooth is toggled on.
- Under MY DEVICES, select the SmartSense Probe (it will be named something like "TempAlert BTPROBE").
- Select FORGET THIS DEVICE and follow the prompts on your screen to unpair the device.
Note: Next time you want to use the SmartSense Probe with your mobile device, you will need to pair it as if it is your first time pairing the Probe.